Basement Party 2

Basement Party 2

Monday, February 27, 2012

♫Baby On Board, something something, Burt Ward♫

I actually saw one of those "Baby On Board" signs on the way home from work today.



It had been YEARS since I last saw one. These signs were a fad that peaked back in the mid-80s (I remember mom having one for my brother Dan when he was a baby, circa 1987). They also led to a host of humorous imitators (my favorite being "Mother-In-Law In Trunk"). I can't help but think of the Simpsons episode where Marge Simpson bought one hoping it would stop people "intentionally ramming our car."

3 comments:

  1. "Baby On Board" always reminds me of the B Sharps song from the Simpsons.
    "Baybeeeee on boarrrrrd....how i adoooooreee....."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely had that song in my head when I wrote this post.

    Baby on board, how i adore.
    That sign on my car's windowpane
    Bounce in my step
    Loaded with pep
    'Cause I'm drivin' in the carpool lane.

    Call me a square
    Friend, I don't care
    That little yellow sign can't be ignored
    I'm telling you it's mighty nice
    Each trip's a trip to paradise
    With my baby on board.

    I'm thinking in June, when we get together, me, you, John, and Ben need to have a barbershop quartet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely. The Alcoholic Assholes.

    ReplyDelete