Basement Party 2

Basement Party 2

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What's happening?! (with a pinch of "Tonight's Slab" and a dash of "Lovely Ladies of the '70s")

I apologize for the scarcity of posts lately, I've found that as the days grow longer the list of things that compete for my spare time increases. I recently bought a new TV and blu-ray player (with wireless internet capabilities), and have had fun playing with those new toys. Don't worry fellow old-schoolers, I still have love for VHS, and my basement man-cave will always exclusively feature video tapes viewed on an old tube tv/vcr combo (over the weekend I watched "The Legend of Boggy Creek," "Dazed and Confused," and a bootleg copy of the Beatles "Let It Be"). I do have to admit though, this new technology is pretty fun (it's cool being able to watch Youtube clips of my favorite old bands on a 47" screen)!

Speaking of old bands, the Beach Boys first new album of original material in 20 years was released today, and is called That's Why God Made the Radio. I went to the record store to pick up a copy but discovered only the cd version is available and the vinyl version (which I wanted) should be out within the next week or two. The trip wasn't a total loss though, as I picked up a copy of The Beach Boys Today! on vinyl in very decent shape for only $5. Released in 1965, the production and lyrics (particularly on side 2) hinted at what Brian and the Boys would be doing the following year on their landmark Pet Sounds album.

Here's a pic of the album and a clip of my favorite tune from it...it's funny, this song has been stuck in my head for the past day or so, and then I came across a copy of the record it appeared on!



And tonight begins...Lovely Ladies of the '70s
Lastly, while watching reruns of "Dallas" lately, I have developed yet another celebrity crush. The crushee is actress Victoria Principal, who portrayed Pamela Ewing on that show. I think she is simply GORGEOUS. Tonight's post will debut a new semi-regular feature for famous pretty ladies of the '70s that will be slightly different than my "Is This Your Mom" feature. Whereas the pics I post under that heading feature nude, anonymous models, this new feature will showcase celebs (A-list and under) from back then. I decided to start off with a series of pics I found of Victoria, and I will feature a different one each night this week. Enjoy!

Now this is what dreams are made of. Where's my time machine?

1 comment:

  1. I really need to start watching Dallas, now for more reasons than one. I'm hoping it will come back to syndication once the new series is on, so I can just DVR it.

    I hear on the lack of posts man. I've been busy as hell lately.

    ReplyDelete