Basement Party 2

Basement Party 2

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Score!

Sooooo, this past Saturday the Canadian Belle and I made a pit stop at the Goodwill in DeWitt, MI on our way home from my place of work (I had to run in there on my day off as I left my cell phone charger in my office. I kind of needed it ya know?)

Anywho, I thought I would check out the records and vhs to see if there were any hidden gems. Boy did I score on this outing! The Belle did too...she picked up three Peter, Paul & Mary lps (her collection of records is still in its' infancy but slowly and surely growing). Check out what I found...

9 VHS and 3 cassettes. For $16. Score.

3 comments:

  1. Terminator!! Awesome find duder. Cool to see you join me in Predator 2 VHS ownership as well.

    I scored a few VHS today myself: Dawn of the Dead (replacing my lost one), Blade Runner and Little Shop of Horrors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the original Terminator was made for the VHS format. The wavy lines mixed with the pulse-pounding music and action...that sums up '80s cinema right there.

    Sounds like you found some good stuff yourself. I have not seen Little Shop of Horrors in at least 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was torn between the original and the director's cut of Blade Runner. The shop owner convinced me to stick with the original. All the tapes at this shop are $2.50. Usually I don't buy them but it was FCBD and they pulled some stuff special for me, so I felt compelled to pay them back somewhat. Watched Dawn of the Dead this morning...it looks so crappy/better compared to the Blu-Ray I have.

    ReplyDelete